Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: February 2018
- Spleen removal. MedlinePlus, U.S. National Library of Medicine. Available at https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002944.htm. Accessed 2/14/18.
- Splenectomy, Mayo Clinic. Available at https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/splenectomy/about/pac-20395066. Accessed 2/15/18.
- Uranüs S, Sill H. Splenectomy for hematological disorders. In: Holzheimer RG, Mannick JA, editors. Surgical Treatment: Evidence-Based and Problem-Oriented. Munich: Zuckschwerdt; 2001. Available at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK6913/. Accessed 2/14/18.
- Surgery for chronic lymphocytic leukemia, American Cancer Society. Available at https://www.cancer.org/cancer/chronic-lymphocytic-leukemia/treating/surgery.html. Accessed 2/15/18.
- Laparoscopic splenectomy, Medscape. Available at https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1829873-overview#a2. Accessed 2/15/18.