Skip to Accessibility Tools Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Essential Thrombocythemia and Lymphoma-Large B Cell

I was diagnosed with Essential Thrombocytemia in July of 2017 and started on treatment shortly after that. My biggest complaint was fatigue but I continued to work my parttime job. In June of 2018, I started running a temperature, my fatigue worsened and I lost my appetite. After a CT-scan was done and a mass was discovered in my right adrenal gland. A biopsy confirmed stage 4 large B-cell lymphoma. An MRI followed and I had 4 lesions in the lining of my brain. This was a shock to me and to my family, but I agreed to strong double chemo: R-Chop and 4 methotrexate treatments in my spine. It was rough but I am now in remission. Still battling some fatigue but thankful to be alive.

This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Blood-Cancer.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.

Comments

• Cocopuff816 author
    3 months ago

Thank you for your comments. This is not a very good “club” to belong too,but the upside is the support and understanding we get and give one another.

• Cocopuff816 author
    3 months ago

I am really touched by the support and response to my post. The support from someone who has Cancer or had Cancer is reassuring. My family doesn’t really understand what Cancer does to a person. I am a very independent,self sufficient 76 year old women that has slowed down tremendously and don’t want to be around a lot of drama. I plan on maintaining my independence as long as I can, but am smart enough to know when I need more help.

• Racheli Alkobey moderator
    3 months ago

I always say… welcome to the worst club but with the best members <3 We are all here to support each other through this awful experience.

• Amber Lynch moderator
    4 months ago

So glad you are in remission! Stay strong and give yourself permission to rest. Your body has endured a lot and deserves the chance to recover.

• Cocopuff816 author
    4 months ago

I still have days that I have no motivation and am just tired. On these days I just take it easy. I make my bed,get dressed and walk my previous side kick and these things are an effort. I try to keep a positive attitude and stay busy. I do some volunteer work 2 days a week,eat healthy,and try to keep only positive people in my life. I have only been in remission for 4 months and hope the fatigue gets better. You have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep moving.

• Yolanda Brunson-Sarrabo moderator
    4 months ago

I’m so happy you’re able to move and do with life as needed. As long as you take things in slow stride each day will be better. Best!

• Cocopuff816 author
    4 months ago

Thank you for your encouragement. I am truly blessed and Thank God everyday.

• VinnieCent moderator
    3 months ago

uggh @cocopuff816 I’m reading your words with so much love and compassion. One of my good friends the other day told me that he doesn’t need motivation he just needs discipline. The fact that you manage to just put one foot in front of the other exudes that strength and perseverance. I’m so happy for you. Just keep doing what you’re doing and remember we are all here to support you!

With much love and admiration,

-Vinnie ¢