Corn Soufflè Casserole
Here's a recipe that is really yummy! You'll get sweet and salty flavors mixed together to satisfy both sides of the spectrum. This recipe is a creamy casserole and is not too heavy on the stomach. You can serve it to complement other foods you're cooking, or you can just eat it by itself!
If you want to get fancy with this dish, you can add some bread crumbs for a slight crunch and it makes the dish beautiful to the eyes. I eat it without the bread crumbs.
I ate this a lot when I was in treatment. I have to say, it was one of the foods I could keep down. It's very easy to make, so I'll show you how to make this great dish!
Preparation time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Makes 10 servings
Ingredients for corn soufflè casserole
- 1 15 oz. can of creamed style corn
- 1 15 oz. can of whole corn kernels (don't drain)
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 whole eggs (beaten just a little)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 8 oz. box of honey Jiffy's corn bread muffin mix
- 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
Directions for corn soufflè casserole
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease your desired pan with your choice of oil.
- Grab a large bowl and add 2 cups of the cheddar cheese.
- Add the creamed style corn, whole corn kernels, sour cream, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup of sugar into the bowl.
- Begin to whisk all the ingredients together.
- While mixing, grab another bowl and place your stick of butter in that bowl.
- Microwave until butter is completely melted.
- Now add your melted butter and pour the cornbread mix into your existing mixture.
- Once that's done, grab your greased pan, pour your mix into the pan, and bake for 1 hour.
- The other 2 cups of cheddar cheese will be sparkled onto the casserole 20 minutes before the casserole is completely done cooking in the oven.
- Allow the cheese to melt on top and come to a golden brown.
Once that hour is done, take your dish out of the oven, allow it to cool off a bit, and then boom! Go ahead and serve! Dig in!
Signing off! Chef Amanda Panda
- calories: 406
- protein: 14.7g
- sodium: 554mg
- sugars: 7.9g
- total carbohydrates: 20.7g
- total fat: 30.7g
Disclaimer: Blood-Cancer.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you experience scanxiety?
Join the conversation