What is Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)?
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: February 2019
- American Cancer Society. Available at https://www.cancer.org/. Accessed 12/8/17.
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Available at http://www.lls.org/leukemia/chronic-lymphocytic-leukemia/. Accessed 12/8/17.
- American Red Cross. Available at http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-components. Accessed 9/19/17.
- American Society of Hematology. Available at http://www.hematology.org/Patients/Basics/. Accessed 9/19/17.
- Chronic myeloid leukemia phases, Cancer.net. Available at https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/leukemia-chronic-myeloid-cml/phases. Accessed 12/8/17.
- GeneEd, National Institutes of Health. Available at https://geneed.nlm.nih.gov/topic_subtopic.php?tid=15. Accessed 9/19/17.
- SEER (Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results) Cancer Statistics Review, National Cancer Institute. Available at https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/cmyl.html. Accessed 2/7/19.
- Survival rates for chronic myeloid leukemia, American Cancer Society. Available at https://www.cancer.org/cancer/chronic-myeloid-leukemia/detection-diagnosis-staging/survival-rates.html. Accessed 2/1/18.
- Kantarjian HM, Talpaz M, O'Brien S, et al. Survival benefit with imatinib mesylate versus interferon-alpha-based regimens in newly diagnosed chronic-phase chronic myelogenous leukemia. Blood. 2006;108:1835-1840. doi: https://doi.org/10.1182/blood-2006-02-004325.