What is Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)?
Written by: Emily Downward & Jessica Johns Pool | Last reviewed: November 2019
- American Cancer Society. Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML). Available at https://www.cancer.org/cancer/chronic-myeloid-leukemia.html. Accessed 11/21/19.
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Available at https://www.cancer.org/cancer/chronic-myeloid-leukemia/detection-diagnosis-staging/staging.html. Accessed 11/21/19.
- American Red Cross. Available at http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-components. Accessed 9/19/17.
- American Society of Hematology. Available at http://www.hematology.org/Patients/Basics/. Accessed 9/19/17.
- Chronic myeloid leukemia phases, Cancer.net. Available at https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/leukemia-chronic-myeloid-cml/phases. Accessed 12/8/17.
- National Institutes of Health, Genetic Home Reference. Available at: https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/resources. Accessed 11/21/19.
- SEER (Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results) Cancer Statistics Review, National Cancer Institute. Available at: https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/cmyl.html. Accessed 2/7/19.
- American Cancer Society. Survival rates for chronic myeloid leukemia. Available at: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/chronic-myeloid-leukemia/detection-diagnosis-staging/survival-rates.html. Accessed 2/1/18.
- Kantarjian HM, Talpaz M, O'Brien S, et al. Survival benefit with imatinib mesylate versus interferon-alpha-based regimens in newly diagnosed chronic-phase chronic myelogenous leukemia. Blood. 2006;108:1835-1840. doi: https://doi.org/10.1182/blood-2006-02-004325.