Skip to Accessibility Tools Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Amyloidosis and Multiple Myeloma

I hadn’t felt good for months. Kept telling the doctor that something was not right, then my legs started to swell. She sent me to a kidney doctor who sent me to an oncologist. Mine knew the issue right away. She had done her residency with a multiple myeloma team at the Huntsman.

I went through stem cell harvesting over Thanksgiving and within two weeks I had a chemo treatment, then a stem cell transplant. I had a rough time and ended up in the hospital for 30 days. Just passed 100 days and saw my team last week. I was told the transplant worked the way they hoped it would and to go home and start living my life again.

This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Blood-Cancer.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.

Comments

• Yolanda Brunson-Sarrabo moderator
    3 months ago

Congrats, @nuttinet
    take this time to move forward and live the best you.
    Best!

• Nuttinet author
    3 months ago

Now that I’m at my house I am doing good. Even on cold days this house gets sunlight. I also have my dogs. Except for weakness in my right arm.

• Jim Smith moderator
    3 months ago

@Nuttinet, I’m always amazed at the tenacity and strength of the human spirit to go through so much and come out on the other side. How are you doing since the 100 days?

• Nuttinet author
    3 months ago

Thank you. Feeling pretty good except for the thrush that will not go away.

• Jim Smith moderator
    3 months ago

Yeah, @nuttinet, it is really hard to get those songbirds to go away… Oh, wait, you mean the other kind of thrush. Seriously though I hope the thrush infection flys away too.

• Anthony Carrone moderator
    3 months ago

@Nuttinet, Congratulations on this incredible news! How have you been feeling post 100 days? Thanks for taking the time to share your story with others. We’re glad to have you here in the community.

• Poll